Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tiki Movies

Today is a lazy Saturday so I decided to watch a movie, which got me to thinking about Tiki-themed movies, if there are any. I did my Google search and the #1 recommended movie is "Blue Hawaii," which I kid you not was one of my all-time favorite movies when I was a kid (I had a thing for Elvis...).

I'm having a hard time coming up with other Tiki movies, but here are some that sound somewhat interesting:

Kona Coast (1968)- an adventure/ thriller set in Honolulu

Bikini a Go Go- aka "Curse of the Erotic Tiki"(2004?)- a totally ridiculous-sounding T&A film

Road to Bali (1952)- Bing Crosby and Bob Hope get stranded on a deserted island with a beautiful island princess

South Pacific (1958)- A classic musical love story set on an island in the South Pacific during WWII

If I end up watching any of these, I'll write about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment